Yesterday, just after school ended, I checked my email and discovered that Minecraft creator Mojang AB had released some new official Minecraft books! Although the email came from another online reseller, I checked the Chapters.Indigo.ca website and discovered that the May 30th releases were already available in my local store, just a short drive away! It took only a few minutes to stop by and snag a couple of copies of the first two hardcover titles, Minecraft: Guide to Exploration and Minecraft: Guide to Creative.
Last night, I checked again online and was surprised to see two other titles listed under the “Purchasers also bought” section of the Amazon.ca website. As it turns out, Mojang is also preparing to release two additional titles, Minecraft: Guide to The Nether and The End and Minecraft: Guide to Redstone. Although they are only available now as pre-order, they have release dates of September 5th, 2017 and October 10th, 2017 respectively.
As with the previous The Complete Minecraft Handbook Collection (updated edition, 2015), the books are published by Egmont. In checking their website, there is additional news that the four books will be available as a box set, The Minecraft Guide Collection, around the release of the fourth in the series, listed at October 5th.
Also listed as coming this fall are the following:
- Minecraft Survival Tin (October 5th), containing the Survivor’s Book of Secrets (2016), a doodle book, a hostile mob identification poster, and stickers;
- The Minecraft Mobestiary, (October 5th), described as “the definitive guide to every mob in the game;
- Minecraft Annual 2017, (November 16th)
Read on, Minecrafters! Read on!
- Minecraft: Guide to Exploration (ISBN 978-0399182013)
- Minecraft: Guide to Creative (ISBN 978-0399182020)
- Minecraft: Guide to The Nether and The End (ISBN 978-1524797232)
- Minecraft: Guide to Redstone (ISBN 978-1524797225)
- The Minecraft Guide Collection (ISBN 978-1405288576)
- Minecraft Survival Tin (ISBN 978-1405288200)
- Minecraft Mobestiary (ISBN 978-1524797164)
- Minecraft Annual 2018 (ISBN 978-1405287586)